Monday, December 14, 2009

Parting Thoughts / Flight to Switzerland

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Singapore and wish that I’d had more time to actually visit and explore the city state. My only real complaint would be that at times it felt a bit too sterile and manufactured – almost like a giant shopping mall. I’m sure that I missed out on a lot of the authentic local aspects of Singapore, but I have the feeling that this impression must somewhat reflect reality.

I think that I may have set the record for most movies watched on my return flight from Singapore to Zurich. In the span of 12 hours I watched: Public Enemies, The Hangover, 3:10 to Yuma, District 9, Coco Avant Chanel and GI Joe. I liked all of them except for GI Joe – unless you’re on a 12 hour flight and desperate for entertainment, I don’t think that I’d recommend it. District 9 was a bit weird, but still somewhat interesting.

No comments: